The Afghan Interior Ministry says security forces have killed the last gunman involved in an attack on the offices of an international aid group in central Kabul.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said in a message posted on Twitter on September 6 that all those involved in an attack on the Shar-e Now (New City) neighborhood that began late the day before are now dead.
He did not specify how many attackers there had been.
Earlier, Sediqqi said one civilian had been killed and six others wounded in the attack on the charity, called Pamlarena -- a local name for the international aid group Care.
The attack started with a suicide bombing around midnight targeting a guest house for foreigners and diplomats in the same neighborhood.
That attack came just hours after a separate Taliban double bombing killed at least 24 people and injured 90 others elsewhere in the capital.
The twin suicide bombings on September 5 struck a busy area near the Afghan Defense Ministry, with one army general, and two senior police commanders among the dead.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said on Twitter on September 5 that the Defense Ministry was the target of the first attack, while police were targeted in the second.
Based on reporting by AFP and Reuters