Dozens of people have been killed in a spate of attacks in Afghanistan, where violence has soared since the start of the international military withdrawal.
In the deadliest attack on May 30, at least 10 people were killed when a mortar shell struck a wedding party in the northeastern province of Kapisa.
The mortar shell exploded in the province's contested district of Tagab during skirmishes between Taliban militants and Afghan government forces. Both sides blamed each other.
Elsewhere, six members of the Afghan security forces have been killed by a roadside bomb near the site of a railway that is being built to link eastern Iran with Afghanistan's western province of Herat.
Herat's provincial governor, Wahid Qatali, said those who were killed had been guarding the site of the railway line in Ghoryan district.
When completed, the 225-kilometer-long cross-border railway is meant to link the Iranian city of Khaf with the western Afghan city of Herat.
Meanwhile, Arifullah Aref, the head of policy and planning at the Ministry of Urban Development and Lands, was killed in an attack on May 30.
The ministry said Aref’s car was attacked in the capital, Kabul, as he was on his way home from work.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, but a string of targeted attacks against government workers, activists, and journalists has been blamed on the Taliban.
Earlier on May 29, at least four people were killed and 11 others wounded when a roadside bomb struck a minibus that was carrying students and university lecturers in the northern province of Parwan.
The Islamic State (IS) extremist group in a statement on May 30 claimed responsibility for the bomb, saying the vehicle was carrying "Shi'ite apostates."
Violence has intensified in Afghanistan since the start of the foreign military pullout on May 1.
There are fears that the Taliban could topple the Western-backed Afghan government and its battered security forces once international forces leave by September.