Afghan police say at least 22 people were killed in the northern province of Kunduz on August 8 when a Taliban suicide bomber drove a vehicle loaded with explosives into a group of pro-government militia and detonated it.
Kunduz police spokesman Sarwar Hussaini said the attack took place in the province's Khanabad district at a gathering of the militia, known as Arbakis, late on August 8.
He said most of those killed were thought to be pro-government militia who have been fighting an offensive launched earlier this year by the Taliban and Central Asian extremists who have sworn allegiance to the Islamic State militant group.
The attack comes a day after a wave of bomb similar bomb attacks in Kabul killed at least 51 people -- including 15 civilians, 27 Afghan police recruits, eight civilian contractors at a military base near Kabul Airport, and one NATO soldier.
With reporting by dpa