At least 30 people have been killed and around 80 injured in a suicide-bomb attack in the city of Jalalabad, in eastern Afghanistan.
A bomber reportedly blew himself up on April 18 in a crowded area in the capital of Nangarhar Province.
A second bomb detonated shortly afterward.
A police spokesman was quoted as saying most of the victims were civilians, although some police may be among them as well.
A Taliban representative on Twitter condemned the attack and said "we...deny any involvement." Police said the investigation into the incident is continuning and that the casualty figures could increase.
In Ghazni Province, in southeastern Afghanistan, local officials reported that four civilians from the Hazara ethnic minority were beheaded by unknown attackers.
The four men had been abducted last week.
Based on reporting by RFE/RL's Radio Free Afghanistan, AP, and dpa