The Taliban says at least one person was killed and eight others wounded in a bomb explosion at a mosque in northern Afghanistan.
Baz Mohammad Sarwari, the Taliban's director of Information and Culture for Badghis Province, told RFE/RL's Radio Azadi that it was unclear whether the blast on February 11 was caused by a suicide bomber or an explosive device, and that a probe had been launched into the incident.
He said the blast happened after Friday Prayers at the mosque, where earlier dozens of worshippers were said to have gathered inside.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the explosion. The local Islamic State affiliate has in the past claimed responsibility for similar attacks.
Local residents told Radio Azadi that the area around the mosque had been cordoned off and roads leading to the area had been blocked by the Taliban after the blast.